I am the kind of person who cannot stay long doing something for a very long time, except only when I love it too much I can’t let it go. Imagine that, a serious case of attention deficit disorder and of course, obsession.
Like this blog for example, has become my obsession. I’ve been doing more posts than the amount of homework I’m supposed to finish.
oops. I probably shouldn’t let you know that right? ha ha
But fear not my friend, there is always a cure or what we call – stress-relievers to relieve you from the stress that obligations, tasks and to-do’s bring. Here are some ways to chill, ways to take a break. (cos even the busiest man in the world, takes a break) Some of them I saw while surfing the net but of course, I improvised them giving it my own flavor of CHILL. Hope you can use them too 🙂
- Take a BATH! – it helps really! Do you know that 70-80% of our body heat gets out from our body through our heads? Imagine how hot it it is up there. No wonder we tend to go crazy. So a trip to the shower would help…BIG TIME!
- Listen to MUSIC – I cannot express how important music is. Its just so..I can’t even.. See? So they see, music is a universal language. We feel, we understand, we relax even at the faintest hum of its melody.
- Take a nap – Closing your eyes and drifting on to your subconscious helps a lot. We think too much when we’re awake that its nice to just shut down and let the back of our minds do the work. When you wake up you’ll feel totally alive.
- Look up – Never was a time that I didn’t smile when I looked up cos it makes me soooo happy how majestic the world around me is – from the blue sky to the fluffy cotton-candy clouds.
- SIGH – When you can’t contain all that’s in you baby just let it out with a goood, heavy sigh! *Hooo* and you’ll feel a little lighter.
- See some greens! – Go out, look around and appreciate nature. The greens will surely calm you, be silent and feel the wind.
LET GO. whether it’s a balloon, a dog you’re walking by the street, or a feeling that’s weighing you down – LET GO and Let GOD. At least even for today. You deserve to feel good, light and happy despite everything.
- Watch latest eps or re-runs of your fave TV show – Since I’m such a fanatic of American TV shows it makes me happy when new eps are up for downloads or even their re-run. It makes you see life at a different, humorous perspective. Real good.
Play with your dog . A dog, a cat or any pet you have, it helps to cuddle, play catch, or pet your pet. It makes you feel comforted and relaxed cos you know there’s always that adorable someone who’s gonna look up to you with poor puppy eyes that will make your heart melt.
- Coffee Break – No drink can ever make me relax like what coffee does to me. It makes me sleepy at first then hyperactive and then relax. The stages might be the ones to watch out for but of course, the caffeine just helps you be in control.
- BLOG or write a journal – Look what I’m doing, although blogging is a tedious task but I’m enjoying everything about it so far. Apart from writing term papers and concept papers i only get to write freely here so it’s a perk I am quite enjoying.
- FART! – oooops 😉 But seriously though, the second most satisfying feeling of letting out next to jebbing is farting 🙂 Just let them gas out.
- Vandalize – When bored with work or school, I usually take out my pen and write on any writable surface even if its my friend’s arm.
- Go for a swim – Since I am such a beach bum, even though its far from summer, I advocate for summer 24/7 cos if I have all the time in the world I’d be swimming like a fish all day. The sea is just too beautiful and relaxing to miss. Makes you enjoy, think and reflect.
Eat! Screw dieting and just eat. Devour yourself with the food you love even just for a day, or everyday with moderation though.
- Jog – When I’m awfully tired with writing and thinking for theories and thoughts for my homework I usually head out and jog my way to the cemetery and visit my mom. Hitting 2 birds with one stone. Relaxing and exercising. Be careful of big trucks and vehicles though, other drivers don’t take precautionary measures lately.
- Paint – When I have a big span of break time, I usually grab all painting materials and grab the biggest canvass I can spot and paint. I let all my frustrations and feelings out, finished or unfinished, i usually stop when I feel okay. See? simple.
- Tease – I don’t know, maybe it’s just me but I always have fun when I tease just anyone because it’s funny when they get really really annoyed. But always remember not to overdo it or it might turn to something bitter rather than the friendly banter you intended.
HOHOL. I bet you don’t know what HOHOL is. It’s Hang-Out-Hang-Out-Lang, a term given by my friend. Sounds so wrong but feels so right. When you’re just overloaded with crap..STOP and associate with people once in a while -hangout with THE family, friends, your boyfriend/girlfriend, fling, char2x, or even your neighbor.
- Daydream- or astral project (?) whatever term you call it – but i always do this when I’m fed up doing school work. I go to my bed, look out the window and just dream awake. Think of happy thoughts, the sad ones, plans, your embarrassing moments, kilig moments — laughing all by yourself like crazy.
- DO CROSSWORD – Not only does it help sharpen your thinking but trust me when I say that it’s like a cherry on top of dessert accomplishing crossword on your own! Just the best feeling in the world! 😀
- GIVE THANKS! – For everything that has been, that is and will be – give thanks. You are wonderful, you are blessed and you are alive – that’s a good enough reason to be thankful everyday.
Of course, there are a lot of ways to take a break but it all depends upon you really- on your interests, likes, dislikes and etc. Do you have other ways? Comment or mail me so that I can post them here. 😄
Gotta have a break! 🙂